Thursday, October 17, 2013

Thursday on Her Issues

I have a story I would love to write. The characters need to be written about. I just don't know if I can write them. It's one of those stories where I just want to put it off and write it when I "know more". I don't feel like I have a complete understanding of the complexities of relationships and such to be able to write this book. This has happened to me before. I have so many ideas for "issues" books, but can I handle the delicateness of the topic? Should I?
I want to.
I'm sure JK Rowling didn't know everything there was to know about sorcery and magic when she wrote the Harry Potter series. I'm sure many authors don't know everything about what they write about.
I'm scared though.
I'm scared to write something that might offend someone.
I'm scared not to.