Saturday, January 7, 2012

Saturday on Scary Things

Or: 2012

I've been trying to figure out what do write for my first YA Lit Six post of the year for... approximately six and a half days. I thought about being sarcastic and funny (like I'm never not?) but I decided to be a bit serious this week.

I don't make New Year's resolutions. I feel like most people don't keep them and I know I wouldn't, so I just don't. I do sometimes make goals for the year. Of course, the last time I did that I ended up scrapping them and going with something else entirely... but I have one for this year: Do a scary thing.

So I've decided 2012 is going to be the year of scary things. Mostly writing-wise, although I did do something scary for me and posted a picture of myself on facebook... but the important scary stuff is related to my writing. I'm going to start querying this year.

And that's terrifying.

This is seriously short, but I can't seem to think of anything else to say, so, tell me this instead: Do you have resolutions or goals or something else? Are you planning anything scary for 2012?

Peace and cookies,
Laina