Sunday, April 29, 2012

Friday is Late Because of Dragons

Sorry I'm posting on Sunday, guys. But I felt like I owed you one because I've missed two Fridays in a row now.

And I had posts planned for them and everything. The problem is that I haven't been home for the past two Fridays. I went to school, then went out and didn't get home until early Saturday morning.

"Why?" You may ask.

Because I've been playing Dungeons & Dragons with a group of friends (Yes, I know, I am now an OFFICIAL nerd). Anyways, sorry for missing those Fridays. I'm hoping to be on schedule next Friday, but not positive about that - there might be more D&D or The Avengers or studying for AP tests.

Speaking of D&D, though. I think it's actually a great game for writers! Well, fantasy writers, especially. You have to come up with a character and their backstory; you have to know their motives, they powers, their appearance. As well how they came to be about in the group and how they interact with all the other characters. And then there's a whole plot to the game. It's just like coming up with a protagonist/story. The exciting this is that you get to BE the character! You don't always get to be your protagonist when you're writing, do you? *shakes head*

Unfortunately for me, I don't actually have a backstory for my character yet! I've been trying to think of one, but nothing's quite solid yet. And all my friends have awesome stories, so I feel like I need to live up to that string of awesome. I don't suppose all you writers out there might have suggestions for my character? She's an elf with a bow and arrow and is totally awesome. And her name is Keyleth.

Well, I need to get back to studying now. I graduate in two weeks (EXACTLY), but before that I have to take my AP tests... and those begin next Monday, so I'm dubbing this the week of intensive studying! I probably won't be online very much, but I hope to see you again next Friday! And then I will be WAY more regular about these posts! :)

Toodles!

P.S. DON'T FORGET TOMORROW IS YOUR LAST DAY TO SEND IN POSTS TO MAYBE BECOME A YA LIT SIX-ER!!! PLEASE DO!