Thursday, August 23, 2012

Thursday on Remembering

I am right now in the middle of a book. This one scene just made me tear up.
As a writer and a reader, that's the real dream I think. A lot of people say their dream is to publish or become a mega best seller.
Me?
I want characters that touch poeple on an emotional level.
I want the tears. I want the smiles. I want the laughs. I want the heartbreak. I want that true love.
I just needed to say that. I feel like I get so caught up in the big picture that one of the reasons I write. I write to give people what many amazing writers have given me: the ability to get lost in a character
This is why I write.
I'm not sure if that made any senses since I'm typing this quickly so I can get back to my book, but I just want to say never why you write. If you forget, you might lose your love for writing, and I honestly can't imagine life without loving writing.
What do you want out of writing? What books have giving you every emotion? Why do you write?