Friday, July 30, 2010

Hi, I'm Friday

I'm horrible at introductions, both in person and online. Generally, saying "Hi, I'm Chelsea" is my lean-back.

So. Hi, I'm Chelsea.

But for the purpose of this blog, I guess I'll talk about my writing. I have a blog over at thepageflipper.blogspot.com, where I review YA books and get up to general mischief. I love writing and I love reading, so writing about what I'm reading is only natural.

Laurie Halse Anderson is my writing idol, even though what I write is completely different from her.

I have a memoir coming out this Monday, August 2nd - it's part of the Louder than Words teen memoir series published by HCI. It's called RAE and is about living life as a teenager with anxiety.

I'm currently 18 and working on a YA fiction book that I love writing. I have another YA book on the back-burner at 20k and about fifty other ideas screaming in my head, so I feel like I'll be pretty busy for the next few years. At least until 2012 hits...(The world is supposed to end the DAY before my 21st birthday. My luck, right?)

I'm here to rant and rave to you about character development and world building and writing prompts and possible schizophrenia and dreams and inspiration, so if that sounds boring to you, you're probably in the wrong place. But if not, then welcome to my Friday abode and I'm happy to have you here.