Saturday, July 31, 2010

Saturday's child works hard for a living

(I was actually born on a Sunday, but I'm really bad at titles.)

Okay, I’m Saturday. Well, technically, I’m Laina, but I’ll be posting here on Saturdays.

Basic facts about me: I’m seventeen, eighteen in December (13th, what are you guys getting me?), I’m an only child, I run Laina Has Too Much Spare Time (which is a little dead right now, but I’m in the middle of revising so don’t judge, okay?), I tweet way too much and I’m addicted to Facebook games.

And now that all the boring stuff is done…

I am currently revising, revising, revising a paranormal YA novel which is slightly hard to explain. Basically, it’s about a girl with psychic powers, yada yada, and a boy, of course. Boys in books make everything better. It’s currently the longest thing I’ve ever written (yay) and I’m hoping that eventually it’ll be good enough to query for an agent with.

Because of course, my dream is that someday I'll be published and become some awesome combination of Rachel Caine, Robin McKinley, Maureen Johnson and Hannah Moskowitz.

Of course, a combination of those four people would probably bring on the apocolypse with all the awesomeness...

But a girl can dream, right?

So anyways, if you can't tell, I'm a little nervous about this. I babble when I'm nervous... and tired. For a long time, I didn't really talk about my writing. This was mostly before I got my computer because no one I knew wrote, unless it was for a school assignment and that doesn't count.

But then I got my laptop. Literally the first day I had my laptop, I opened a blank word document and started writing. Then, when I started book blogging, I realized that a LOT of other people wrote. And not all of those people were grown up and "real" writers. It was probably when I started tweeting that it really sunk in that it was okay to talk about my writing and no one would make fun of me because of my age.

Well, I'm babbling, and that’s about all I have for this week, so I'm going to sign off now.

See you next Saturday!

Peace and cookies,
Laina

P. S. Oh! And, guys, I've also written several suckish vampire novels. Maybe we all have :P