Saturday, August 21, 2010

Looseleaf and binders and Post-Its, oh my!

Or: Saturday's feeble attempt at humour while introducing one of her writing processes.

This post is going to be kind of short, but it'll be another post with lots of pictures!! In my last post, I showed you guys this binder.

And I asked if you wanted me to explain the flower Post-Its. You guys said yes. (Well, a couple of you did. As for the rest of you, I’m putting the words in your mouth anyways. If you wanted to have your own opinions, you should have spoken up last week.) Each Post-It represents a scene that I’d handwritten but at the time of the Post-Iting, I hadn’t included in my WIP. Flower-shaped Post-Its were the only ones I could find at the time.

When I took that picture, I realized that needed to be tidied up, since I’ve finished my first draft. So I did this.



The green Post-Its are on scenes that I’ve written into the WIP. The yellow Post-Its are scenes that I haven’t written into the WIP. They’re all numbered and I have a list of the numbers with a short description of the scene.

Then this:



Each orange Post-It means I have a note (on an orange Post-It) on the page. That looks like this:



I also have a couple hot pink post-its, but I didn't at the time of the picture-taking. They just mean the note isn't numbered on my list. And as I’m revising, I’ll go through and incorporate some of the notes, work in some of the scenes that aren’t there… and that’s one of the things I do to try and keep myself sane.

I'm not sure if it's working...

Peace and cookies,
Laina

P.S. No questions? I'll take anything, doesn't have to be writing related.
P.S.S. I'm up at four am and playing around with the blog's layout, so don't mind if anything looks a little weird.