Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Guess Who?

Guess who stopped by today? (Or more like wrote an insightful post about one of her identities as I curled her hair for the heck of it.) I'll give you a hint, it's not me.

If you guessed my little sister, you're right!

Here she is:
__
So a lot of people ask me what it's like to have a teen-author-person living in the next room over. And my usual response goes something like this: Well, it's really nice to have these fantastic stories coming chapter by chapter, and whenever I have an epiphany about where the story's going, I can run into her room in the middle of her homework-montage and go all "Oh! That--plot--character--STUFF!" (Teen authors don't always appreciate this).
Also, it's really fun to be the author's little sister. Because I get to say something about Kieryn in school, and I get a lot of fish-faces (you know, wide eyes, gaping jaw) going: "Oh! You're related to the one that wrote the BOOK? What's it about?"
Yep. I'm cool like that.
Not to mention, if the chapter finishes and I can't wait to hear what comes next, I have a new activity: Badgering Kieryn to tell me the plot. Or, better yet, badgering her to write FASTER, sister, FASTER.
Just a day (week, month, year...) in the life of the little sister of a teenage author.
-Bryn

www.kierynnicolas.com