Characteristics of a Moment:
- Generally an unexpected occurrence
- Perhaps expected-but-not-really-expected-so-more-like-used-to-be-hypothetical
- Cause you to blink, go still, or just stop (not necessarily stop, drop & roll though)
- You NOTICE things. Or one thing in particular.
- BONUS: Your mood changes, or you unexpectedly remain in the *same* mood, or a slow-mo version of it.
Setting: Car, passenger seat. On way home from eye appointment. Pizza smell filling the car. Rain pounding on the windshield to the point of we-almost-can't-see.
Characters: Vise (my mother, gripping the steering wheel like a C-Clamp in Tech Ed), Cucumber (me, being calm), turtle (my sister, covering her ears).
Moment: lightning strikes. BAM. Almost right next to us. Clap of thunder immediately following.
Aware of: my still-cucumber mood. My sister and mother's characters. The fact that we may or may not hydroplane. STILL CUCUMBER. Wow.
Any cool Moments recently?