Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Quoteable Movies

A few weeks ago I talked about quotes, specifically in books. However, I've spent my bus rides this past week watching Mean Girls on my ipod, and it had me thinking about quotable movies as well. After all, someone (like Tina Fey!) wrote those quotes somewhere first. So, they're quotable quotes from a writer. And quirky/quotable movies always give me motivation to write quotable lines in my books.

Quotable quotes from quotable movies I've watched recently:

Mean Girls: (duh!)
"It's like I have ESPN or something!"
"There's a 30% chance that it's already raining!"
"That's why her hair is so big, it's full of secrets."

Steel Magnolias:
"My secret's out. I am having an affair with a Mercedes Benz."
"You are evil, and you must be destroyed."
"Smile! It increases your face value."

500 Days of Summer:
"It's love, it's not Santa Claus."
"You know, Henry Miller said the best way to get over a woman is to turn her into literature."
"That's why I called her last night and told her I was sick, like a ninja."

See? What are your favorite quotable movies?