Friday, December 3, 2010

The Dream Guy

We all know of him, don't we? The perfect guy. The one who makes you swoon to the extreme. This YA boy drives me crazy, and not the good kind of crazy. These boys have emotions but not emotions. Despite my dislike for them, I still fall for them when I'm reading a book. When I first read Twilight, I thought that Edward Cullen was amazing (my opinions have changed since then). There are also characters like Etienne St. Claire from Anna and the French Kiss who are totally not perfect and they are even better characters.
I love characters who are crazy emotional and have flaws because they are more like actual people. When I'm writing, I find it really hard to not write the perfect guy. Because writing the perfect guy is easy. So what are your thoughts on the perfect men of YA? Do you find it hard to write guys who aren't perfect?

xo,
Zoe

and PS... I got my dog!