Monday, January 24, 2011

Daydreaming

It's 9:00 PM and I just finished school an hour ago. That would be over 12 hours of math and chem and finals and other icky things. My brain = fried.

But, I think a fried brain can be a good thing. After I post this, I'm going to get my iPod out, curl up under a thousand blankets (we're in the middle of the coldest weather in 6+ years, currently), and daydream. I might daydream about my current book characters or maybe about that crush of mine or, who knows, about something random, like what it would be to meet some celebrity. I guarantee that no matter what it is, it will be something crazy and random that will never, ever come true. But that's okay.

"What if" are the two most important words for a writer and there's no time like the time right before you fall asleep to think up all the crazy possibilities.

Which is exactly what I'm going to do now. Who knows what kind of plot holes I'll work out or what book ideas I'll come up with.

So I leave you with one of my current inspirational songs. (Note: STRONG use of language in the lyrics. Be warned!)