Sunday, January 16, 2011

Shiny New Idea!

Yes, I've started yet another WIP. At this point, I might as well quit calling thing WIPs and just call them all Shiny New Ideas (SNI) because I never get too far with them.

Some writers are all disciplined and won't write their new ideas until they finish whatever they're working on but well, I do. Usually it's because I get this scene or this voice in my head and it just won't leave or it's really good and I don't want to lose it, so I have to write it down.

That happened to me this week. I was talking to one of my friends who mentioned they were grounded but wouldn't tell me why...I got thinking of all the possibilities that it could possibly be (all worse than what it probably is) and that evolved into a scene which evolved into an entire novel idea.

I won't say much more about it, other than the fact it's split POV between two girls, involves a lot of emotion and complexities within teenage relationships, and this song has become the theme song to it:




(Kids in the Way are my current addiction. I suggest checking out "My Little Nightmare" and "Fiction" as well.)

Harmony