Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday Loves Love

I am one of those people who are on the cusp of reading romance novels. I don't. I've thought about it. It's cheesy. Who cares.

So when I'm writing I'll get like three thousand words in and then my brain goes on this crazy tirade and for some reason, it wants me to have the main character and the boy start kissing. This isn't really a big deal, except for the fact that I'm not writing a romance novel. And so far in what I'm currently writing, there isn't a boy. No, currently I'm dealing with some diva zombies. And it would be *really* weird if my main character just went around kissing dead people.

A few years ago at an Australian conference, David Levithan did a speech where he discussed "killing the vampires". No, he didn't mean trying to destroy Edward Cullen. He was talking about the little voice in our head that tells us not to do something because we'll be embarrassed by it (at the speech he was talking about publishing LGBT books).

Though I support Levithan's argue about vampires. The vampires I'm talking about right now are different. These are the kissing vampires. They are the ones who yell into my head every time I hit three thousand. They are the ones that must die.

In some cases, the vampires would win. But my character doesn't go around kissing random people. She isn't like that. So die vampires, die!


Did I just spend this whole post talking about kissing? Yes. Yes I did.

Also...
I just started this writing blog. Here.