Monday, October 18, 2010

Balancing Writing With Life

There's many things I'm terrible at and juggling multiple things in my life is one of them. Whenever things get busy, writing goes out the window. Some people will say "If you want to write, you have to find time to write!"

But is it more important to stay home and write than go out with friends? Isn't important to actually LIVE your life so you have experiences to write about, rather than stay home and writewritewrite?

Needless to say, I haven't been writing much lately. Why? Well, two weeks ago, there was a family emergency that resulted in me doing absolutely nothing for an entire week. That resulted in me being behind instead of ahead in school and everything kind of snowballed after that. I'm currently juggling 9 classes a day, some of which are honors and therefore require quite a bit of effort, PAYA, and all my projects, including the Brightly Woven Fan site. Add on the fact that oh, hey, homecoming is next weekend, I have chores, friends that want to hang out, emails that need to be answered, interview questions that should've been answered yesterday, and oh, those three manuscripts that should've been critiqued last month.

All of that has resulted in me doing very little writing these past few weeks and I don't honestly see that changing much for a while.

What do you do when life gets too crazy to handle? How do you still find time to write?