Monday, October 11, 2010

New Book Inspiration Overload

This past week, I've come up with a bunch of book ideas that I'm really excited to write. I don't want to talk about them TOO much because I don't want to lose inspiration before I get them written, but I thought I'd talk a little about the inspiration behind them.

New Idea 1 was inspired by the song "War" by the Sick Puppies (which is currently one of my favorite songs.) It's going to be a fun, humorous upper-MG/lower-YA about what happens when the mathletes and cheerleaders go head-to-head in a dance off. I think this will probably be the just I write next.

New Idea 2 was inspired by the song "Mine" by Taylor Swift. More specifically, the line "you made a rebel out of a careless man's careful daughter". I actually know how this one is going to end, which is surprising, but it's going to be a regular/upper-YA and the characters will be older than me so I might hold off on it for a while.

New Idea 3 was inspired by an old story I wrote. Once upon a time, I had started writing a story about a vampire in a rock band. Then my computer died and I lost it. I wasn't really feeling those characters anymore but I was feeling a werewolf in a rock band and a journalist.

I'm *really* excited for all three of these - I wish I could write as fast as I come up with ideas!

Harmony