Friday, November 19, 2010

Good Morning Class, Today We Have a New Student

I don’t really know how to start this off because I am a really shy person. Actually, I’m only shy in real life. So… HI. My name is Zoe and I like to write. *wow… how original of you Zoe, everybody here likes to write, you genius*
Oh, and I also have a really weird inner monologue.

I’m 14, so I think that makes me the youngest? Some people call me Toast, there isn’t really a reason why.
I’m currently writing like ten different things, and editing one. I’m editing a novel that involves werewolves and ninjas and secret societies and LOVE. I kind of quit doing NaNoWriMo, but my NaNo novel is about alternate universes, saving the world, and angsty teenagers. The other novel I’m writing is about love and British boys in a quirky town.

I review books at Zoe’s Book Reviews. I love musicals. As I’m writing this, I’m listening to The Rocky Horror Picture Show and dancing around in my desk chair. Glamorous, I know.
I’m honored to be taking over Fridays and I’m hoping I can live up to how awesome Chelsea is. I’m also a bit of a TV and Movie junkie *gosh I love Netflix*.

I’ve been interested in books and writing since I was 9 or 10 when I first started reading YA books, and I’m not talking Middle Grade. One of the first YA books I read (besides Harry Potter) was Looking for Alaska by John Green which is not the cleanest book in the universe. After I started reading more I discovered David Levithan’s books. He is the one that inspired me to write. I saw how many lives he has changed and I thought to myself “Woah, I want to do that.” So here I am, 4 years later slowly working towards that goal.

I’m excited to be posting here every Friday!