Saturday, November 27, 2010

Saturday's Life Get in the Way

Or: Why I won't finish NaNoWriMo.

Remember when I got sick? Then I got better around the 10th, right? So last Sunday I wake up sick again. Fever, sniffles, sore throat, the lot. Tuesday I went to the doctor and turns out I have either a throat infection or a sinus infection (they weren't certain). Anyways, I'm on antibiotics now and I'm starting to feel better, but I'm so horribly behind in NaNo that I'll never catch up and here's why:

I can't write when I'm sick. Something about the combination of medication and the whole not feeling good thing makes it near impossible for me to actually get any words down, and when I do, they aren't usually very good. Plus when I'm sick, especially if I have a fever, I have a hard time being on the computer.

But I'm not stressing about it. I got up to 31k and that's a LOT to be working with, plus I really do like the characters I'm writing about, so I know I'll keep going, just maybe not at the 1700 words a day pace.

So basically, here's this week's lesson: If you finish NaNoWriMo, AWESOME!!! But if you don't, that's okay, too. It's not the end of the world and getting anything done is an accomplishment.

And I haven't taken anything (besides my antibiotics) today, so I'm feeling a little bit icky. So this is going to be a short post. I'll have a better one next week, promise!!

Peace and cookies,
Laina