Monday, November 29, 2010

Juggling Two Projects

Remember last week when I said I was going to start revisions? Well, right around that time, another idea I've had for a while starting banging on my brain. "Let me out! I want to be written!" it demanded. So I grabbed a notebook, wrote the title on the front cover, and wrote the opening paragraph.

But, I couldn't just abandon JESSICA. I want to start querying by summer and it requires a few more rewrites before it's finished. This new story would not leave me alone, though.

So I've come to a decision. I'm going to handwrite this new WIP while I rewrite JESSICA. My goal is at least one chapter of each a week.

I'm not sure how this whole jugging thing is going to go, as I've never succeeded at it before, but we'll see!

Do you write more than one story at a time?