Friday, November 26, 2010

Let's Discuss Non-Fiction

I love reading as much as I love writing. Don't get me wrong, all books are great. But there is one genre that I dislike reading and writing. That lovely genre is called Non-Fiction. It's informational and I'm sure people really love writing it. It just doesn't make sense to me. Almost everyone I know that loves to write, writes because they love the thrill of the characters lives. The love to be able to tell a story that will affect people.
Non-Fiction just doesn't do it for me. When I write a book, I don't research it. I know I probably should and it would probably make my writing ten times better. I just REALLY dislike research. School makes you write Non-Fiction reports and essays and I don't understand why you would want to do that in your spare time. So somebody- please (in the comments) explain to me the thrill of Non-Fiction. Why people write it. Why people dislike it.

In other news... I might be getting a puppy today. *main word being might* If I do, I'll take a picture and post it somewhere.
I hope those of you in the US had a lovely Thanksgiving.

<3
Zoe