Saturday, November 13, 2010

Saturday's Gets Week 2'd

Or: Saturday's NaNo Update

So remember NaNoWriMo? It's insane. Totally freaking awesomely insane. I'm at 21,560 right now which is almost halfway and hoping to hit the halfway point this weekend. The biggest challenge for me isn't so much how much I have to write as writing it everyday. If I'm mid-novel, I can do anywhere from a thousand up to even three or four thousand a day, but then there are days when I don't write at all. So writing everyday is a challenge for me.

It's going well, though, and I really do like the book I'm writing. I like my characters, my MC's voice is really strong which makes everything easier. I'm slightly worried that I might fall under the word count, but I know I usually write short and could go back and easily add more. I know where I'm going plotwise, pretty much, so I think I'm good.

Now, since I've run out of ideas for this post because I've only been up a while and I'm not creative yet, how about some photo inspiration?

And if you get stuck:

Because:

And always remember:


(Hey, a picture's worth a thousand words, right? Though whoever said that probably never wrote a thousand words. A thousand words is a lot!)

Peace and cookies,
Laina