Saturday, February 19, 2011

Saturday Finishes a Book

Or: What the heck do I do now?

So I don't know if you noticed, but I kinda forgot to post last week. (I'd like to pretend that you all not only noticed and missed me, but you just weren't the same without my post, but I know that isn't true. XD Anyways, back to my story/excuse/whatchamacallit.) I totally almost had most of a post written and everything, about things you can do to help when you get stuck.

And then... well, then I most forgot it was Saturday, honestly. I think I had a headache, so I went to bed early and forgot to do my post. So, sorry about that. But! I have news. Not huge news, but news nonetheless.

I finished my WIP. *holds for applause*

No, I'm just kidding. But I did finish the second draft of my WIP. 51,903 words. I've been working on it since November, this draft since about mid-December, early January. This draft is a LOT better than the last, and I'm a lot happier with it. So what happens now?

Revision.

Well, first came cleaning. Because my house was a total mess and when I'm not writing, that bugs me. Then blogging, because my blog has been so neglected. Poor thing. So definitely blogging. (Still working on that.)

But then, I am going to do a light round of revisions. Mostly making sure all my characters has last (and *cough* first) names, cleaning up any messy sentences, padding out the more skeletal scenes. Nothing really major, but since it's the first time I've really read through it, it does take a bit long.

After that, I'll send it off to my wonderful betas and crit partners and let them tear it apart.

Then: MOAR REVISIONS!

What fun.

Peace and cookies,
Laina

P.S.: Don't forget to enter our contest!

P.S.S.: Also, I'm going to have an announcement... soonish. Not a huge announcement, but a small, neat one. Stay tuned!